Thursday, April 30, 2015

Day 9 of the 21 Day Daily Data Challenge

 Day 9 of the 21 Day Daily Data Challenge.  We collected all the big stuff, the data most people think of and include in their data search like grades, attendance, discipline, and school climate during days 2-8.  Today was for collecting any other data that gives you insights to your students.  If I hadn't included my bully/cyberbully survey data with my School Climate data, I think I would have put it here. Did you have some special data that you gathered today? Something that is unique to your school?  If so please share it in the comments below or on the Exploring School Counseling Facebook page.

Tomorrow is Day 10 and it is time to start disaggregating all the goodies we've gathered.  We'll start with attendance data. Take a look, study the data, and find out what it says about your school.  I think it is important to remember something a good friend of mine says and I'm paraphrasing a bit here,"The data is not right or wrong.  It makes no judgments. You have to look at it and make judgments for yourself about your school." So take a look.  Discover the needs of your students and your school and create a goal.

Want more information about the 21 Day Daily Data Challenge?
Check it out HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment