Monday, April 20, 2015

Day 1 of the 21 Day Daily Data Challenge

Day 1 is here!  The next 21 days is about getting into the data at your school.  Sometimes it can seem overwhelming and difficult to know where to start. At least that's how I felt, so I figured break it down and do one small task at a time. I can do that!  You can do that  too right? Remember we are doing it together! If you are interested in learning more about 21 Day Daily Data Challenge check out all the details HERE.

So proud!  My data notebook!
So today was about organization.  I chose my binder cover, added my school name, printed it on card stock and slid it in the front of my 3 ring binder.  I had 2 sets of tabs, because I thought of other data that is relevant to my school.  I decided I want to have a place for 3rd, 4th and 5th grade standardized test scores, the results of our 2nd graders standardized achievement test, the Stanford 10, and their gifted screener, the Naglieri 2.  Then I thought about my annual cyberbully/bully survey and that came to 6 more tabs.  I may not end up needing all of these, but as long as I am collecting data, I might as well get it all in one place.

What does your data binder look like?  How willyou organize your data?  What tabs did you include?
Please be sure to share pictures and details on the Exploring School Counseling Facebook page.

Ok, preview for tomorrow.  Days 2-9 starts our data round-up.  Day 2 specifically has to do with collecting the demographics for your school.  Use the ASCA Data Profile form to create your school's data profile.  I think this form will be a big help!  Of course some of the categories will not apply to elementary schools, but that's ok, most of them will.

Alright get ready, get set . . . go gather your data!


2 comments: