Sunday, April 19, 2015

Kick-off to the 21 Day Daily Data Challenge!

I'm excited!  Tomorrow is Day 1 of the 21 Day Daily Data Challenge. If you don't know what I'm talking about you can check it out HERE.  I hope you have made a decision to join us as we dive into the data each day.  What better way to learn about the specific data based needs of your school?  What better way to say to your administrator look what the data shows about this issue in our school?  What better way to present yourself as the trained professional with a plan to address that data related issue?  Our effective use of data is the best way to show how students are different because of what School Counselors do!

Day 1 is simple.  It's all about organization.  How are you going to organize the paper you will inevitably collect as you go about gathering your data? Maybe you will use a  3 ring notebook or other paper filing system. Maybe you are tech savvy and will scan it all into electronic files.  I am the "Queen of Too Much Paper," so before I start bringing a lot of more paper into my office I need a way to manage it. I'll be using an extra 3 ring binder, I've got a couple of packages of tabs for separating the data and one of these, 5 decorative binder covers  just to keep it organized and fun.  If you don't have what you need in your office, there is still time to head to Wal-Mart, Office Depot, the Dollar Store or wherever you get your school and office supplies so you can be ready for Day 1 of the Daily Data Challenge.


 Join me each day as I share my experiences with the Daily Data Challenge here on this blog and on my Exploring School Counseling Facebook page.  I'm hoping to get some conversations going about your experiences and challenges too.  Together we can support and encourage each other. Together we can do this!





No comments:

Post a Comment