Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Day 8 of the 21 Day Daily Data Challenge

Day 8 was great! Today we were collecting any kind of climate survey data. It was easy, easy, glitch.

When I asked my administrators for the School Improvement climate surveys I got the results immediately and went right to the copier and made copies.  I already had my student bully/cyberbully survey results, now all I needed was teacher PBIS survey data.  Only none of us knows where it is, or can  think of what it would have been called and saved as on our computers.  I see I need to create a special data folder on my computer for the future.

Maybe our Behavior Leadership Team (BLT) just talked about doing it in the fall, but never really got around to making it happen.  I know I don't remember filling out the survey, but after all that was September and A LOT has happened since then.  So we will search some more tomorrow and perhaps do the survey before the year is over.  I think that would be just as a valuable. Checking to see where our staff feels we stand with our PBIS program at the end of the year will give us a better idea of the kind of plans we need to make for next year.

Tomorrow is Day 9 of the 21 Day Daily Data Challenge.  It is the day you collect any other data that is unique or relevant to your school.  What sources of data will you be adding to your data notebook tomorrow? If you can't think of any other data you need, use the day to organize the data you've gathered. I have to confess my data is not hole punched yet and just stuffed in the front of my notebook. But I have all the tabs ready to go, all I have to do is put it in. Tomorrow.

If you are interested in learning more about the 21 Day Daily Data Challenge you can read more about it HERE.  Be sure to check out the Exploring School Counseling Facebook page to share your data gathering experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment