Friday, May 8, 2015

Day 15 of the 21 Day Daily Data Challenge

I was so excited about today I could hardly sleep last night! This morning I was planning to meet with my Principal and Assistant Principal to discuss the data I had gathered and present them with the goals I am thinking about for next year. But, the end of the year is closing in fast and they were booked with teacher final evaluations all day long. The only time they could squeeze me in was when I had a group. Then, at the end of the day, each had to leave fairly quickly for other appointments.  I was so psyched and ready to share my ideas with my administrators.  It was truly disappointing to realize I would have to wait until Monday to talk about my findings.


Making Lemonade!
Well, just because I didn't get to meet with my administrators and dazzle them with my data findings didn't mean this day had to be a waste.  I figured "stakeholders" are more than my administrators.  I started thinking more about my School Counseling Advisory Council and the who, what, when, where, and how, thanks to my new friend and Counseling Colleague  Dr. Lauren Wynne.  Her personal tutoring, experience, and suggestions for starting an Advisory Council were just what I needed to hear to get me organizing one for my school. So rather than meet with my administrators, I brainstormed a list of possible members, looked at some dates for next year, outlined some ideas Lauren shared with me about meetings, and in the end felt pretty good about the day.

Day 16
Monday will be Day 16 and the challenge is "choose a goal."  This is will be a two for one day  for me as I present my data and discuss my chosen goal with my administrators.  Here's hoping for a great report to share on Monday!

Please feel free to share your 21 Day Daily Data Challenge experiences on the Exploring School Counseling Facebook page.  If the idea of the 21 Day Daily Data Challenge is interesting to you, please read more about it HERE.  It has been an interesting journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment