Friday, July 29, 2022

Fidgets My Students Love

 


Having something for students to handle, manipulate, or play with while talking to the school counselor is important.  There are times a topic is too fresh or uncomfortable to come right out and talk about what’s on their mind.  Giving them something to fidget with helps struggling students, and adults, share their concerns. Of course I have paper and a variety of coloring tools and stress balls available.  However, the items below are some of the fidgets my students love best!

All of these items can be purchased on Amazon except for the ones listed as being from Dollar Tree.  The sequined “mermaid” pillows are just pillow covers and unless you have old throw pillows lying around you can use, you will need to buy a pillow to go inside each cover.  These also come in a variety of dual colors.

Kids and adults love these, and of course my students always sheepishly smile and ask to "have"  my fidgets.  But, I remind them I need to have these for the next student who may be struggling or for them should they need to return.

What fidgets do your students love?  What are some other types of fidgets you have in your office?




No comments:

Post a Comment